Practicing Technical Analysis for Novices
06 December 2016 – This was the first course started ran by TerraSeeds Market Technician Pte Ltd when Binni Ong and I started the company back in 2005. The course ran from March 2006 until October 2010. It was a chart reading course conducted in a classroom setting with a maximum capacity of 40 participants. Classes were held on Saturdays because the target customer segment was working and investing adults. The course was well received when we started at a very affordable S$148 dollars only for a 9am – 6pm duration. It ran a total of 68 intakes. Course was positioned for beginners; learning illustrations were based on stocks listed on Singapore Exchange, looking at End-Of-Day data.
Binni and I have decided to make the course material for Practical Technical Analysis available online. Between 2006 – 2010, the material went through several minor revisions. I am putting the original 2006 copy online to contribute to chart reading knowhow.
The 2006 copy is 70 pages long from cover to cover. There is a 20 page pullout. This course was part of a ‘Paper and Pencil Series‘ of courses run without the use of computers/charting softwares. It was positioned as ‘paper and pencil’ because practices were done on paper and participants were required to bring their own ruler, eraser, pencil and different coloured pens.
- Practical Technical Analysis for Novices was a course for chart reading.
- Practical Technical Analysis for Novices is suitable for new investors and traders in the operating in the stock market.
- Concepts inside Practical Technical Analysis for Novices is suitable for forex trading.
- Chart reading is fun, easy to pick up.
- Practical Technical Analysis for Novices 2006 Course Material is now available FREE OF CHARGE.
Table of contents
What is Technical Analysis
|Chapter 1||What is Price?|
|Chapter 2||Crowd Psychology and Technical Analysis|
|Chapter 3||Use of Charts|
|Chapter 4||Charting Software|
|Chapter 5||What is a Chart?|
|Chapter 6||Longer versus Shorter Timeframe|
|Chapter 7||Trending and Ranging Market|
Price and Volume
|Chapter 8||Psychology of Price and Volume|
|Chapter 9||Trading Rules with Volume|
|Chapter 10||Special Volume and Price Formation|
Determining Price Points
|Chapter 11||What are Trend Lines?|
|Chapter 12||Drawing Trend Lines|
|Chapter 13||Determining Importance of Trend Lines|
|Chapter 14||Support and Resistance|
|Chapter 15||Significance of Support and Resistance Areas|
|Chapter 16||Trend Lines Break|
|Chapter 17||Trend Lines Channel|
|Chapter 18||Reversal Pattern & Trading Tactics|
|Chapter 19||Continuation Pattern & Trading Tactics|
|Chapter 20||Art of Trading|
Note the following changes:
- Typo mistakes where corrected.
- Chapter 4 – Charting Software was renewed because 2006 solutions became obsolete.
- Chart pattens from Session 4 i.e. Chapters 18 – 19 were given new treatment. The original material has degraded and not easy to read.
- Internal links were added for additional reference.
The information in this manual and training seminar are for educational purposes only. We do not recommend particular stocks, bonds, options or any security of any kind. If particular stocks or bonds, options, or securities are mentioned, they are mentioned for illustrative and educational purposes. The information conveyed by presenters, trainers, assistance trainers at TerraSeeds is intended to provide you with basic instructions, methods and strategies and served as educational purposes. You should seek a professional broker for advice prior to investing. TerraSeeds Market Technician Pte Ltd does not guarantee any results or investments returns based on the information and instruction you have received during the training seminar. TerraSeeds specialises in education and training and do not intend to provide you with instructions or information on other forms of investing or financial planning.
Although we have used our best efforts to provide the most accurate and innovative technical analysis training, we cannot promise you any probability or likelihood of market movement, results or profitability. There is risk of loss in all trading.
Latest posts by Soh Tiong Hum (see all)
- Self-fulfilling prophecy that is completely mythical - August 19, 2017
- Free stock screener for US stock/options traders/investors - August 16, 2017
- What MACD and CCI say about winning, losing stock indices - August 15, 2017
- Keeping an eye on gold miners ABX, NEM, 2899 - August 11, 2017
- This is the current range for XAUSGD - August 10, 2017