Metatrader MT4 Do-It-Yourself Guide
The Metatrader 4 (MT4) Guide
- Metatrader 4 (Installation Steps for Windows and Mac OS)
- Metatrader 4 (How to manually install custom indicators Windows / Mac OS)
- Metatrader 4 (Troubleshooting & Tips)
Metatrader 4 (Installation Steps for Windows and Mac OS)
- Installation Steps for Windows and Mac OS
- In this post, we show you how to install MT4 in just a few clicks on computers running Windows or Macintosh (Mac OS). Both solutions are free of cost. You can also watch our step by step video guide located at the end of the post.
Metatrader 4 (How to manually install custom indicators Windows / Mac OS)
- How to install indicators manually in Metatrader MT4
- This post empowers traders to learn how to add a new indicator to their existing Metatrader 4 (MT4) platform regardless if you’re running on Windows or Macintosh (Mac OS).
Metatrader 4 (Troubleshooting & Tips)
In this post, we look at the most commonly experienced errors a Metatrader 4 (MT4) user might encounter and how to resolve them.
- No connection
- Uncommon Error
- Invalid Account
- How to create a clean default template
Missing currency pairs/ new products not showing
There are 2 steps involved to ‘Show All’ tickers on MT4:
- Right click anywhere on ‘Market Watch’ panel to show dialogue box (‘Market Watch’ can be found on top toolbar).
- Left click ‘Show All’ on dialogue box and wait for panel to refresh.
Other Metatrader 4 Tips
Housekeeping tips for Metatrader MT4 users
A quick guide show you tips to keep your MT4 clutter free.
How to save your analyses and settings during MT4 update
Tips to make sure things don’t go wrong after an update on MT4.
Using ‘Show trade levels’ function on MetaTrader MT4
Quick trick to show entry price, stop loss and target price for open positions visually on MT4.
2 ways to optimize, speed up MetaTrader MT4 performance
A guide on how to speed up MetaTrader MT4 performance
Set up SMTP for MetaTrader 4 in 3 easy steps with GMX
Step by step guide on how to use GMX as email SMTP for MT4.
Setting up SMTP Email Relay using hMailserver for MetaTrader 4 (MT4)
Step by step guide on installing hMailserver and using it as an email SMTP for MT4. (Windows Only)
How to find out MT4 version?
To find out which MT4 Build you are operating, do the following:
- Turn on MT4.
- On the toolbar at the top, click ‘Help’, followed by ‘About’.
- Look for a dialogue box like the one below to appear and inspect information on the bottom left hand corner.
“File Integrity Check Failed” messaged related to TX
- Problem was created when MT4 was upgraded to Build 600.
- You have not turned on your MT4 for some time or you have just upgraded it recently.
- Comprehensive solution is available here; if you follow the remedy and is still not available to see, you may need to contact us to reset your user access.
- TX is no longer supported (21 September 2015).