Singapore stocks and index month and quarter performance end Q2 2018
STI component stocks: winners and losers end Q1 2018
- Q-Q, Straits Times Index is down 159.27 points or 4.65%.
- 6 stocks posted gains, 24 loss for this quarter.
- Gain leaders are ComfortDelgro and Genting Singapore.
- Loss leaders are Wilmar and Venture Corp.
- End of Q1 2018 performance is available here.
End of June 2018 performance by STI constituents (by month)
- STI is down 159.49 points or 4.65% from previous month.
- 1 stock posted gain, 1 remain unchanged, 28 lost.
- Gain leader is Jardine Strategic closing at $36.48.
- Hutchison Port Holdings remain unchanged from May closing at $0.28.
- Loss leaders are Venture Corp and Starhub, both losing over 15%.
- May performance is available here.
This is backstory on EEM. EEM is a broad prominent ETF/indicator for Emerging Markets since it has over 837 constituent stocks from 23 countries. For EEM to fall could mean that we are looking at a global correction.
Capitaland C31 has finally broken below the sideway consolidation pattern it was building since the whole of 2017. This was discussed in March. On June 13 (see screencap below chart), we updated that this could be a distribution pattern and since the whole accompanying triangle pattern that this distribution is part of goes back to 2010, be prepared for a big move if prie falls out of triangle also.
Screen capture of FB post made on 13 June below. Link to FB post here.
UOB monthly chart from 1990 – present. Key features are prominent so plan accordingly.
Director, TerraSeeds Market Technician Pte Ltd. Trader, investor. @sohtionghum was picked ‘Top 70 Forex Twitter in 2015’. Operates multiple strategies.
“Dear reader, I do not have a financial license to give advice. I do not know you the reader. Your financial objective and risk tolerance may be different from mine. I am not responsible for any consequence of your action.