Straits Times Index constituents January 2018 performance
January 2018, Straits Times Index was up 131.07 points or 3.85% over the previous month. Out of 30 constituent stocks, 23 gained, 5 lost and 2 closed unchanged.
- Gain leaders are Keppel Corp and Venture Corp.
- Loss leaders are Jardine Cycle & Carriage, Capitaland Commercial Trust.
- Hutchison Port and Thai Beverage remained unchanged month – month.
- Venture Corp replaces Global Logistic Properties in a special move on January 05 because the latter is going to be privatised. Index changes usually take place in March and September.
- Venture Corp was selected from the reserve list announced in September last year.
- End December 2017 performance here.
Venture Corp is an excellent replacement. As of 31 January 2018, it is the best performing STI constituent over 3 years.
According to MSCI ETF performance, Singapore (EWS) was the second best stock market year to date in Asia Pacific.