Stocks and indices quarterly update end Q4 2017
End Q4 2017 (quarterly) and end of December (monthly) performance of Straits Times Index constituents. December performance of STI is an acknowledgement to presence of a 8-year boundary.
STI component stocks: winners and losers end Q4 2017
- Q-Q, Straits Times Index is up 183.01 points or 5.68% compared to end Q3 2017.
- 19 stocks posted gains, 11 stocks in the loss for the quarter.
- Gain leaders are DBS, Capitaland Commercial Trust.
- Loss leaders are Jardine Strategic, ST Engineering and ComfortDelgro.
- End of Q3 performance is available here.
End of December 2017 performance by STI constituents (by month)
- STI ended December 2017 down 30.62 points or 0.89%.
- Out of 30 constituents, 8 stocks posted gains, 4 neutral and 18 end in loss.
- Gain leaders are CapitaMall Trust, City Development.
- Loss leaders are Yangzijiang Shipbuilding and Thai Beverage.
- Starhub, Golden Agri, CapitaLand and ST Engineering remain unchanged.
- November 2017 performance is available here.
What the STI chart says
Straits Times Index remains inside 8-year range. While 2017 performance is very good, December performance is an acknowledgement of previous resistance.