‘The Alien Gift’ forex robot (EA) initial test results
My colleague Binni Ong is developing a new expert advisor (EA) for MT4 named ‘The Alien Gift’ or TAG for short. It is a forex robot that is meant for auto/semi-auto operation. At the moment it is under construction. You can follow her development diary or follow this page for announcement.
Auto-trading is a trend so I am eager to give it a try before I become obsolete.
There are two sets of results.
The Alien Gift TAG forex robot test result #1 – 100% auto mode
The first result comes from an account set up Binni to run TAG on 100% auto. TAG takes all signals both long and short as and when they appear without regard for trend. In this 100% auto mode, TAG is set up to trade almost all commonly traded pairs. This result is available on this public link to FXBook.
The Alien Gift TAG forex robot test result #2 – semi-auto mode
The second result comes from an account set up by me to run TAG on semi-auto i.e. I analyse, determine the trend of a pair and then set up TAG to take signals in that direction only. In semi-auto function, I confine TAG’s operation to a few pairs only. I have not decided whether I want to make this result publicly available yet.
- I love this old English proverb ‘there’s many a slip ‘twixt the cup and the lip’. Results over such a short duration are not conclusive.
- For a pioneer attempt for one who has not given a serious thought to using forex trading robots before, a positive outcome like this does give me a good feeling.
- I love to continue playing with this and hopefully feel as good about TAG if not better by the end of 2018.
- Since this is too early to declare a success, all performance indicators here are indicative only.
- A virtual private server is indispensable; Binni Ong is negotiating for an extension to this VPS promotion.
Director, TerraSeeds Market Technician Pte Ltd. Trader, investor. @sohtionghum was picked ‘Top 70 Forex Twitter in 2015’.
“Dear reader, I do not have a financial license to give advice. I do not know you the reader. Your financial objective and risk tolerance may be different from mine. I am not responsible for any consequence of your action.