The Honourable Janet Yellen, Chair of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System spoke at the British Academy on 27 June 2017.
Would I say there would never be another financial crisis? Probably that would be going too far but I do think we are much safer and I hope it would not be in our lifetimes and I don’t believe it will be.
I pin this here for posterity. Video source Wall Street Journal. The video itself is no biggie; comments are far more entertaining. Enjoy.
Video transcript 0:00 to 1:03
- The system is much safer and sounder.
- We are doing a lot more to try to look for financial stability risks that may not be immediately apparent but to look in corners of the financial system that are not subject to regulation to order to detect threats to financial instability that may be emerging.
- Would I say there would never be another financial crisis? Probably that would be going too far but I do think we are much safer and I hope it would not be in our lifetimes and I don’t believe it will be.
- This page on the British Academy website offers an audio recording of the event.
- From Reuters ‘Fed’s Yellen expects no new financial crisis in ‘our lifetimes‘.
Director, TerraSeeds Market Technician Pte Ltd. Trader, investor. @sohtionghum was picked ‘Top 70 Forex Twitter in 2015’. Operates multiple strategies.
“Dear reader, I do not have a financial license to give advice. I do not know you the reader. Your financial objective and risk tolerance may be different from mine. I am not responsible for any consequence of your action.