3rd quarter ’16 sees 18 winners, 12 losers
- The STI has been levitated at flat till date. The index ended Q1 at 2840.90 and Q2 at 2840.93 virtually unchanged. It closed Q3 at 2869.47 up 1%.
- Gain leaders are SATS, Jardine Cycle & Carriage.
- Loss leaders are Yangzijiang, Starhub.
- Sembcorp Marine was removed from the index effective 19 September 2016; Sembmar was replaced by Jardine Matheson Holdings with effect from 19 September 2016.
Said FTSE Russell in a press release: “The STI reserve list, comprising the five highest ranking non-constituents of the STI by market capitalisation, will be (in order of size) Mapletree Commercial Trust, Suntec Reit, Keppel Reit, Mapletree Industrial Trust and Singapore Post Ltd.
“Companies on the reserve list will replace any constituents that become ineligible as a result of corporate actions, before the next review.”
The next review will take place on Dec 1.
- Last quarterly update is linked here.
Note: I have taken every effort to ensure the data presented in these tables is correct but readers should verify with other sources.
Director, TerraSeeds Market Technician Pte Ltd. Trader, investor. @sohtionghum was picked ‘Top 70 Forex Twitter in 2015’. Operates multiple strategies.
“Dear reader, I do not have a financial license to give advice. I do not know you the reader. Your financial objective and risk tolerance may be different from mine. I am not responsible for any consequence of your action.