STI component stocks: winners and losers end Q1 2016
1st quarter ’16 sees 16 gains, 14 losses
- 1st quarter started with steep losses throughout January right from the year’s open on 04 Jan.
- Straits Times Index Index lowest was 2528.44 on 03 Feb.
- V-shaped bounce from mid-February helped recover losses.
- STI ended March down 1.45%.
- Sembcorp Ind. U96, Hutchison Port Holdings NS8U, Sembcorp Marine S51, Keppel Corp BN4 and Yangzijiang BS6 remain under-performers this quarter.
- Loss leaders are Yangzijiang and HongKongLand; gain leaders are Golden Agri-Res and Jardine Cycle & Carriage.
- Technical situation near end of March for STI, DBS and Keppel Corp analysed here.
- Last quarter update here.
Note: I have taken every effort to ensure the data presented in these tables is correct but readers should verify with other sources.
Director, TerraSeeds Market Technician Pte Ltd. Trader, investor. @sohtionghum was picked ‘Top 70 Forex Twitter in 2015’.
“Dear reader, I do not have a financial license to give advice. I do not know you the reader. Your financial objective and risk tolerance may be different from mine. I am not responsible for any consequence of your action.