4th quarter recovery sees 22 gains, 8 losses
- Q3 was a disaster with 1 gain and 29 losses.
- QoQ, Straits Times Index STI recovered 3.3%.
- Gain leaders are Jardine Cycle & Carriage (29%) and Capitaland (25%).
- Loss leaders are Sembmarine (-23.58%) and Sembcorp Industry (-11.85%)
2015 full year performance down 14.34%
- For the whole of 2015, Straits Times Index down 14.34%
- Q3 was the worst quarter.
- SATS is probably the best performing company with gains even in the horrible Q3 (note SATS was added to STI in September ’15).
- Oil and Gas (Sembcorp Ind., Sembmarine and Keppel Corp) was the worst sector.
- Only 4 stocks out of 30 are up for the year: SATS, ComfortDelgro, HongKongLand and Capitaland.
- Thai Beverage closed unchanged.
Note: I have taken every effort to ensure the data presented in these tables is correct.
Director, TerraSeeds Market Technician Pte Ltd. Trader, investor. @sohtionghum was picked ‘Top 70 Forex Twitter in 2015’. Operates multiple strategies.
“Dear reader, I do not have a financial license to give advice. I do not know you the reader. Your financial objective and risk tolerance may be different from mine. I am not responsible for any consequence of your action.