Market correlation, YTD best and worst performing trades
I just did the first of 3 planned, monthly CFD sessions with IG Singapore. Called ‘Lunch time market primer for CFD trading‘, it is a 1-hour session that looks at mostly stock indices, gold and crude oil.
From the 20 slides or so, I would like to share these 2 with you. Short of a sudden change in market drivers, I see this trend to stay for some time.
- Overlaid in this chart EEM, Hang Seng Index, Singapore Index Futures and AUDJPY.
- We can see the strong correlation.
- This chart says ‘it is all one trade now’.
- This second chart from Finviz.com shows year to date performance of futures.
- What this chart says is betting on increase in volatility was the best trade and than followed by familiar gold and silver on third and fourth.
- Shorting WTI , DJIA and NZDJPY was very good idea as well.