I just did the first of 3 planned, monthly CFD sessions with IG Singapore. Called ‘Lunch time market primer for CFD trading‘, it is a 1-hour session that looks at mostly stock indices, gold and crude oil.
From the 20 slides or so, I would like to share these 2 with you. Short of a sudden change in market drivers, I see this trend to stay for some time.
Jan 2015 – Jan 2016 chart overlay of EEM, HSI, SiMSCI, China A50 and AUDJPY | Source: Investing.com
- Overlaid in this chart EEM, Hang Seng Index, Singapore Index Futures and AUDJPY.
- We can see the strong correlation.
- This chart says ‘it is all one trade now’.
Futures performance YTD (Week 01 – 04 2016) | Source: Finviz.com
- This second chart from Finviz.com shows year to date performance of futures.
- What this chart says is betting on increase in volatility was the best trade and than followed by familiar gold and silver on third and fourth.
- Shorting WTI , DJIA and NZDJPY was very good idea as well.
The following two tabs change content below.
Soh Tiong Hum is Director of TerraSeeds Market Technician Pte Ltd. TerraSeeds is a trading educator in Singapore since 2005.
Soh's Twitter account @sohtionghum
was ranked #23 out of The Top 70 Twitter Accounts To Follow In 2015
"I do not have a financial advisor's license. I am not qualified by any regulator to give financial advice. I do not know you the reader. Your investment means and motive may be different from me. My posts here are based on observations and meant for education. I am not responsible for for any consequence from your actions."