Horrific quarter, 29/30 stocks down
- QoQ, Straits Times Index STI was down 15.87%.
- For the quarter, 29 stocks were down out of 30 compared to 24 losers end Q2 and 12 end Q1.
- 23 stocks lost more than 10% in Q3.
- Loss leader N21 Noble was down 45.39 percent.
- There was a change in constituents of STI on 21 September 2015.
- Jardine Matheson Holdings, Jardine Strategic Holdings, and Olam International were removed. SATS, UOL Group, and Yangzijiang Shipbuilding Holdings took their places.
- The last change was April 2013 when Hutchison Port Holdings Trust replaced Fraser and Neave.
- New entrant S58 SATS was the only bright star and probably the best performing stock in the stock exchange. It achieved new all-time-high of 4.05 on 28 September when many stocks were doing new 52-week lows.
Straits Times Index component stocks performance for Q3 2015