- When is this correction going to find a bottom (even if it is temporary)?
- When is that retracement (green) going to come?
- Is a retracement going to come at all?
- Is this crisis so bad the index is going straight down?
- Is this crisis worse than the previous three?
Highlighted in this chart of Straits Times Index going back to 1995 are 3 previous crises: Asian Financial Crisis, Tech Bubble and Subprime Crisis. Orange = crash. Green = retrace.
I find it important to study the past to find clues to the future. In addition, one must not be overly bullish or bearish because if there is one thing that never changes in the stock market, this is it – the highest chance for a sudden reversal or short squeeze to come is when one is most bearish – trading psychology 101.
Some previous posts on this topic:
- Can past give Singapore stock investors lesson or two on STI?
- I am calling a bottom (temporary) on Straits Times Index STI
- 2832.64 an ominous close for Straits Times Index
Director, TerraSeeds Market Technician Pte Ltd. Trader, investor. @sohtionghum was picked ‘Top 70 Forex Twitter in 2015’. Operates multiple strategies.
“Dear reader, I do not have a financial license to give advice. I do not know you the reader. Your financial objective and risk tolerance may be different from mine. I am not responsible for any consequence of your action.