STI component stocks: winners and losers at end H1 2015
STI stocks in the red doubles
- QoQ Straits Times Index is down 3.76% from March close.
- Half year performance STI is down 1.39% from 31 Dec 2014 close.
- For the quarter, 24 stocks go into the red compared to 12 end Q1.
- Gain leaders are Comfort Delgro and Hong Kong Land. Singtel was displaced from pole position.
- Loss leaders are Jardine Cycle & Carriage and Noble, displacing Genting Singapore.
- This links to Q1 performance.
Straits Times Index bounces off low-of-year
Key features of this chart are:
- 1.5 year trend line broken, may serve as resistance.
- Lower-high lower-low sequence terminates trend visible in previous 3 quarters.
- STI bounced off low-of-year at 3267.89 (07 January) by thin margin 3267.88 (29 June).
And this is what the heatmap has to say
Major losers come from the Jardine family of stocks.
Director, TerraSeeds Market Technician Pte Ltd. Trader, investor. @sohtionghum was picked ‘Top 70 Forex Twitter in 2015’. Operates multiple strategies.
“Dear reader, I do not have a financial license to give advice. I do not know you the reader. Your financial objective and risk tolerance may be different from mine. I am not responsible for any consequence of your action.