STI component stocks: winners and losers at end H1 2015
STI stocks in the red doubles
- QoQ Straits Times Index is down 3.76% from March close.
- Half year performance STI is down 1.39% from 31 Dec 2014 close.
- For the quarter, 24 stocks go into the red compared to 12 end Q1.
- Gain leaders are Comfort Delgro and Hong Kong Land. Singtel was displaced from pole position.
- Loss leaders are Jardine Cycle & Carriage and Noble, displacing Genting Singapore.
- This links to Q1 performance.
Straits Times Index bounces off low-of-year
Key features of this chart are:
- 1.5 year trend line broken, may serve as resistance.
- Lower-high lower-low sequence terminates trend visible in previous 3 quarters.
- STI bounced off low-of-year at 3267.89 (07 January) by thin margin 3267.88 (29 June).
And this is what the heatmap has to say
Major losers come from the Jardine family of stocks.