Wednesdays and Thursdays are best days to trade FX for me

After advice from lovely folks here, I’ve linked up my account with myfxbook. A treasure trove of trading statistics to look at which I will share with everyone but starting with the easiest to tackle.

1. Best days of the week to trade
  2. Best hours of the day to trade

I encourage everyone to keep a trading diary so that you can analyse your trades. Here is a short article ‘Record Keeping for Successful Trading‘ to share with everyone as a booster.

Best days of the week to trade FX

As you know my aim is not to be constantly staring at the screen. So this really helps me to find my best trading hours.

Best days of the week to trade fx

Wednesday and Thursdays are totally awesome but Monday ~ chui!

So far, out of 78 trades over 3 weeks, it would seem that I should not be trading at all on Mondays and Fridays. Imagine,T_T. Tuesdays seems a bit meh. On the bright side, this means I only need to work 2 days out of the week…WoooHooo~! ^^

Best hours of the day to trade forex

Best hours of the day to trade FX

Take 10am morning break, 12 noon lunch and 4pm tea and my performance should improve already

On a hourly basis (I hope I understand this correctly), it seems that I should be taking tea break at 10am, lunch break at 12noon, and tea break again at 4pm.

Hannibal Tamhas Tan Jin Juay is a TerraSeeds Mascot and Virtual Contributor who was manufactured to share his demo-trading performance.

He is the result of a genetics experiment where the a strain of otherworldly DNA found in an ancient meteorite was spliced to a hamster.

During the Asian Financial Crisis, due to budget cuts and deficits incurred by the investment vehicle of the One World Laboratory, Han-Tam was forced into foreclosure after being deemed too small to bail by financial institutes.

Han-Tam was let go and adopted by a Tan local family.

Han-Tam does not like to use his name Tan Jin Juay because he thinks it is very obiang.

17Shares

9 thoughts on “Wednesdays and Thursdays are best days to trade FX for me”

1. Shao Guoyong says:

Thank you Hammie !

this is indeed an insightful observation to your daily routine.
    A few more questions if do not mind sharing:
    What is the average duration for positions held?
    How long does your owner gives u fresh nuts?
    Which pairs gave you the highest % win?
    Which pairs had the lowest % win?

2. Victoria Yam says:

that’s why i play badminton in the mornings. Fetch my daughter in the afternoon, help her with her hw before i start “work”. What a life. However, i haven’t tried waking up at 4am to trade. Zzzzzzz…….

I believe that Hammie is setting up trades on Monday/Tuesday and letting the movement come in Wednesday – Friday and locking in profit on Friday. Because hammie is a Tflow® student!!!

I’m also pretty sure that Hammie DOESN’T Trade at 4am!!! 100% sure!

Average duration – depends on what Hammie’s master think. If Master thinks that this pair broke key levels, big pattern then Master will tell Hammie to hold trade till it turned opposite direction. Master will also tell Hammie to keep adding (like hamster kept storing nuts in their mouth).

Master will give Hammie fresh nuts after looking at weekly close (so nuts on monday) and daily close (so nuts about 2pm). Then Hammie will put in position during London hours (master always tell Hammie – wait see wait see Europe opens).

Which pair highest win – now master is obsessed with USD Crosses because DXY broke minimum 10 yrs pattern. Maybe USD?

Which pair lowest win – master hates crosses and JPY now…so maybe these pairs?

Disclaimer: above are just my guess on Hammie and Master. Anyway, they are not real!! kekeke….

4. Andy Ng says:

How can I be that hamster?

5. Shao Guoyong says:

Thank U Master B!

Now that I see the data again I realize Hammie has 8 hours of sleep everyday! No trades between 21st hr-4th hr! SAF TSR approved! 7 hours of sleep before any strenous activities!

Regarding the duration, can u do a ECG scan for hammie again under ( advanced statistics – duration) and share with fellow hamster lovers? Thank you!

1. Soh Tiong Hum says:

Andy > as Binni said “Anyway, they are not real!!”

I would not back the hourly chart in this post because we are still tweaking the widgets inside myfxbook and I am absolutely certain there is no one trading at 4am which I suspect the chart is not showing local time.

GY > you should not call B ‘Master’. This is something that both B and I are put off extremely. Oh yeah. Regarding trade duration, we will share in the next story.

6. Shao Guoyong says:

Yes Sir,

I took the cue from here.

1. Soh Tiong Hum says:

GY, we just posted the trade duration as you requested here https://www.terraseeds.com/blog/2015/02/duration-forex-trades/.

7. Vince Ding says:

The legendary 4AM (a.k.a 4M) can only be traded when special signal “Jin Juay Looi” (JJL) had been transmit to the Master. When Master received the signal, he/she will subconsciously make some milk and turn on the laptop…sometimes smartphones… The laptop or smartphone are turn on automatically, hence the reason why, nobody trade at 4am….a flash of light appears and somehow awaken the Master….Crystal-clear vision had been enabled…and….

to be continued….