DXY and USDCAD at multi-year highs; expect resistance
What to do when trading near big resistance?
Both the Dollar Index DXY and USDCAD are now in the vicinity of their multiple-year resistance level. In the case of the USDCAD, there is an additional 38.2% Fib-R level.
Since the picture is in the higher time frame, follow these tips:
- Price may still exceed these big levels so treat as zone than discrete level.
- Because they are found on higher time frame and have precedence, they are significant so treat with respect.
- Do not attempt to play breakout.
- Strong likelihood of consolidation.
- Consider them as take profit levels.
- Lower time frame trends/momentum will continue until reversal patterns are built.
- With sufficient retracement, traders can continue to ride current trend.
Previous discussion on USDJPY case study here.
Director, TerraSeeds Market Technician Pte Ltd. Trader, investor. @sohtionghum was picked ‘Top 70 Forex Twitter in 2015’.
“Dear reader, I do not have a financial license to give advice. I do not know you the reader. Your financial objective and risk tolerance may be different from mine. I am not responsible for any consequence of your action.