What to do when trading near big resistance?
Both the Dollar Index DXY and USDCAD are now in the vicinity of their multiple-year resistance level. In the case of the USDCAD, there is an additional 38.2% Fib-R level.
Since the picture is in the higher time frame, follow these tips:
- Price may still exceed these big levels so treat as zone than discrete level.
- Because they are found on higher time frame and have precedence, they are significant so treat with respect.
- Do not attempt to play breakout.
- Strong likelihood of consolidation.
- Consider them as take profit levels.
- Lower time frame trends/momentum will continue until reversal patterns are built.
- With sufficient retracement, traders can continue to ride current trend.
Previous discussion on USDJPY case study here.
Dollar index; stars mark spots where level acted as turning point
USDCAD has one more confluence
The following two tabs change content below.
Soh Tiong Hum is Director of TerraSeeds Market Technician Pte Ltd. TerraSeeds is a trading educator in Singapore since 2005.
Soh's Twitter account @sohtionghum
was ranked #23 out of The Top 70 Twitter Accounts To Follow In 2015
"I do not have a financial advisor's license. I am not qualified by any regulator to give financial advice. I do not know you the reader. Your investment means and motive may be different from me. My posts here are based on observations and meant for education. I am not responsible for for any consequence from your actions."