STI is up 6.50%; full year 20 stocks gain, 10 lost
- 19 winners and 11 losers in H1.
- 17 winners and 13 losers at end Q3.
- Olam and Thai Beverage remain top 2 winners.
- Genting Singapore and Sembcorp Marine remain top 2 losers.
- SIA, SGX and OCBC are three stocks (shaded in blue) that pull themselves out of the losers category.
On a quarterly basis, STI up 3% on 15 gainers and 15 losers
This is not a positive development. The broad index can be lifted by heavyweight components gainers to losers tell their own story. Since we started tracking in the middle of 2014, the quarterly picture is looks like this.
- 19 winners and 11 losers for H1
- 17 winners and 13 losers for Q3
- 15 winners and 15 losers for Q4
If this becomes a trend, look out for STI correction in the near future.
What the heatmap says
While the broad market may look good with the Straits Times Index up 6.50% and indeed 3 stocks elevated themselves out of the losers’ group, a look at Q4 heatmap of the market tells different story as more companies are painted red.
Director, TerraSeeds Market Technician Pte Ltd. Trader, investor. @sohtionghum was picked ‘Top 70 Forex Twitter in 2015’. Operates multiple strategies.
“Dear reader, I do not have a financial license to give advice. I do not know you the reader. Your financial objective and risk tolerance may be different from mine. I am not responsible for any consequence of your action.