Price of physical gold and gold savings account in Singapore
Prices from sources available to public
- Gold savings account at UOB: SGD 48.53 per gram
- Physical 1-gram PAMP gold bar: SGD 76
- Physical 100-gram PAMP gold bar: SGD 4292 or SGD 42.92 per gram
- Physical 100-gram ARGOR cast bar: SGD 4899 or SGD 48.99 per gram
- List price of gold at pawnshop: SGD 53.50 per gram
Bear in mind that investment gold in Singapore that is 99.5 percent or more purity is GST-exempt (items 2-4) but items from pawnshop will be GST taxable.
From bullionstar.com, gold spot price today is SGD 48.42 per gram.
Gold is money
For investors having sleepless nights worrying what QE-happy central bankers are doing to currencies, I share this recording of former FED Chairman Alan Greenspan’s recent interview at the Council on Foreign Relations (earphone may be required).
Director, TerraSeeds Market Technician Pte Ltd. Trader, investor. @sohtionghum was picked ‘Top 70 Forex Twitter in 2015’.
“Dear reader, I do not have a financial license to give advice. I do not know you the reader. Your financial objective and risk tolerance may be different from mine. I am not responsible for any consequence of your action.