How Tflow® Boxes AGAIN map clearly your strategy – illustrating EURGBP

I covered EURGBP in last 4M.  This is also the session where I shared with students simple trend analysis and argued that EURGBP is at strong resistance and that it is seeing a potential trend reversal.

However, one key thing which I brought up is the use of boxes and which I realised many students are not using boxes as the foundation of their analysis, especially new intakes. They tend to just zoom to spot 1234, which is not according to the steps that were being taught in Tflow® course.

Please look at a previous posting on how Boxes map clearly the strategy on USDSGD

And also one posting which I highlighted the issue on not using Boxes as foundation in analysis and comment made by yong on his usage

I like to flip through all timeframe charts to spot for conditions such as Big Move or WRMB. One thing about these conditions – usually when 2 boxes are about the same high/low, you will know that either BM or WRMB is about to happen. So do keep a look out for 2 boxes about same high/low. This is how I spotted EURGBP in Daily chart

""

EURGBP a potential WRMB in daily chart

Big picture planning

I have to know that this trade is good. So the task is to find all possible resistance that provide resistance at point 4.

""

Big picture planning is important

Again, looking at daily chart, we will need a H4 price confirmation to confirm this WRMB, ideally also below 8570. Otherwise for this reversal trade to be successful, we will have to wait for a Head Shoulder formation to evolve.

""

H4 candle can provide the first sign to WRMB

Update on 14 Aug 10pm

On the successful trigger, base on recent price action, if below 8535, we see 8510 as a support level.  Below 8500, will be 8450, 8400 offering support.

53Shares

13 thoughts on “How Tflow® Boxes AGAIN map clearly your strategy – illustrating EURGBP”

1. Abdulmuhsen Alfadhalah says:

Hi Binni,

Therefore you are stating that a H4 close below 0.8570 is a trade trigger?

Or

If price does not close below this level we will have to wait for a HS pattern with another 1234 to form to give us a trigger.

2 scenarios both correct right?

yes. that’s what i’m saying

2. Puah Keng Hai says:

Hi Binni

If trigger appeared, the SL which is above point 4 is over 200+ pips. Could the trade take more than 2 weeks to complete if it is in our favour?
    Thank

can’t predict time. pls see my reply to Jeanie on SL

3. Shao Guoyong says:

Hi Shifu,

Can you pls explain why a H4 candle instead of a D1 candle close is sufficient for this trade ,
    since
    1) price needs to WR 2 X D1 box instead of h4 boxes
    2) this is a D1 1234 reversal pattern
    3) Does price needs to close below the D1 1234 @ 0.8570 blue box as well?

Regards,
    Guoyong

by right is d1. but due to lots of urgency to trade and mass appeal, the minimum criteria stated in BP is H4 close

4. jeannie says:

Hi Binni, do you think that the risk-reward of this trade is unattractive? SL is more than 240pips yet potential TP is 130. Also 1st support (possible rebound) could be as close as 25pips at 8510. Thanks

base on my chart, i was looking at WR of Jun month high.
      in H1, around this resistance, there was a high created in H1 around 8610. SL can be shifted to this high upon successful trigger. If risk is too high, then it is good to avoid the trade

5. KP says:

Hi Binni,

Firstly, thank you for key levels, just a question, how to determine the 8450 level?

Thank you.

round number, like 8400, 8450 and also confluence with some boxes H/L

6. Kent Wei Chia Cheong says:

Binni,

I have a problem with analysing boxes.
    Sometimes these boxes give me a picture that confuses me, and i do not know what my conclusion should be. For e.g., there will be h4 boxes that goes in one direction ( sometimes the boxes does not qualify for an expansion case, but it is not those BM/WRMB pattern either) but the h1 boxes goes in the opposite direction, or the D1 chart shows that it is actually in a sideway direction, just like the current EURUSD/ USDCHF. So what should my conclusion be?
    Please advise.
    Thanks in advance.

1. Soh Tiong Hum says:

If H4 trend is down, H1 up=retracement and vice versa. If they were going the same way you would hardly be able to get an entry setup.

Bear in mind two ingredients to succeed: 1) decide which time frame you want to trade and stay with it. The lower time frame is for you to fine tune. 2) the trend of higher time frame is stronger.

in addition to Tiong Hum reply, most likely when you met with this case is the setting is a ranging market.
      Therefore, the lower TF is just moving on support/resistance. wait for an expansion to happen, so better skip the chart first.
      for me clarify further, good to send an email with charts to explain the situation