Self employed mother of 4 year old sends her forex trading testimonial – $10k to $50k
“My forex trading testimonial” – Soony Channing
We conduct this casual interview with Soony Channing, a charming mother of a 4 y.o. She is a student of TerraSeeds Forex Tflow® Currency Trading Course. We conducted this interview right before a 3-hour live trading session after she offered us her trading performance in a tweet.
@terraseeds thanks to Tflow and all of The tweets from Binni, I have turned 10k into 50k in the last 4 days!!!!!!
— Soony Channing (@soony1904) May 15, 2013
- My name is Soony Channing, I’m a 30+ years old, married and mother of a 4 year old child. Currently I’m self-employed. Previously I worked in the Investment Banking industry.
- I was from Intake 31 of the Tflow® course which was held in Dec 2012.
- Due to the nature of my employment in an investment bank, I was exposed to algorithm trading and scalping prior to the course.
Trading approach before attending Tflow®
- When I traded on my own before learning Tflow®, I used mostly Technical Analysis, such as Support & Resistance, Chart Patterns and relied on various trading indicators such as RSI & MACD.
- Beyond what I learnt from work, my knowledge came from reading blogs and other websites
Joining the TerraSeeds Forex Tflow® Currency Trading Course
- I was introduced to TerraSeeds by a colleague who had previously attended the course. After doing a bit of research online, I found that I liked what I read about Tflow® as a method on the website and decided to take up the course.
- After trading with Tflow®, the biggest difference I discovered was how much less stressful it was compared to what I was accustomed to. Before learning Tflow®, the trades I did were scalping trades. Very often I was very nervous after entering my trades and I could never sleep before the trade was closed. However now I only trade 3 – 4 trades per week at my leisure and after entering my trades, I don’t have to stare at the screen to monitor them leaving me more time to spend with my child.
Learning process and challenges
- It took me between 2 – 3 months after the course to become really consistent to the point where I am right now.
- I can just enter my trades confidently without having to constantly monitor them.
- The biggest problem I faced was to my change of mindset from that of a scalper to a swing trader. Previously, I would be very happy to get 30 – 50 pips on a trade. But now my targets at least 100 – 200 pips though I’m happy to say that I’ve managed to gain that conviction to hold on to my winning trades thanks to Binni.
- I usually do my analysis on Sunday evenings, spending just 2 – 3 hours to look through all the currency pairs. During the week, I would spend only about 1 hour each day to look through my analysis again usually in the mornings. I’m happy with this schedule as this leaves me with more time for myself and my family.
Referring to your tweet, how did you do it?
- It’s almost 6 months since I’ve completed my course and I feel that it’s been the result of all the experience I’ve gain which allowed me to do it. I didn’t really do anything special. I just followed Binni’s discussion on twitter in addition to my own trades. I also followed up on the alerts given by TX Auto Alert and entered when it coincided with my own analysis.
Road to trading success
- Do more analysis and practice what you’ve learnt. Also always remember to follow the rules.
- It is important to understand risk and trade management also you would need to overcome greed at some point.