Donors use bitcoin during earthquake; Chinese adopt after media cover
Young chinese adopt Bitcoin after Sichuan earthquake because cover by mainstream media
Video transcript (Part 1 of 5）
- Chinese main stream media picks up Bitcoin after it was used as donation for April 20 earthquake disaster that struck Lushan, Sichuan Province in China. (0:47)
- What is Bitcoin? (1:05)
- How Bitcoin started with Satoshi Nakamoto. (1:55)
- How is Bitcoin mined? (2:24)
- How a mining rig is set up: the way Chinese Zhai Wenjie did it. (3:15)
- How Cyprus revealed the vulnerability of individual savings, that Bitcoin transactions can avoid tax and can be exchanged with currencies like the US Dollar. (4:32)
- Close up shot of a Bitcoin ATM that is now used in Cyprus. (4:53)
Full video here from CCTV-2 经济频道 《经济半小时－揭秘比特币》
Lastly, if this not enough, my colleague Jerome Lee wrote this article “The easy Bitcoin guide for early adopters” which should serve as a primer to get you started on Bitcoin.
Director, TerraSeeds Market Technician Pte Ltd. Trader, investor. @sohtionghum was picked ‘Top 70 Forex Twitter in 2015’.
“Dear reader, I do not have a financial license to give advice. I do not know you the reader. Your financial objective and risk tolerance may be different from mine. I am not responsible for any consequence of your action.