4th quarter recovery sees 22 gains, 8 losses
- Q3 was a disaster with 1 gain and 29 losses.
- QoQ, Straits Times Index STI recovered 3.3%.
- Gain leaders are Jardine Cycle & Carriage (29%) and Capitaland (25%).
- Loss leaders are Sembmarine (-23.58%) and Sembcorp Industry (-11.85%)
Q on Q quarterly performance from STI, component stocks
2015 full year performance down 14.34%
STI and component stocks, full year, quarterly performamce
- For the whole of 2015, Straits Times Index down 14.34%
- Q3 was the worst quarter.
- SATS is probably the best performing company with gains even in the horrible Q3 (note SATS was added to STI in September ’15).
- Oil and Gas (Sembcorp Ind., Sembmarine and Keppel Corp) was the worst sector.
- Only 4 stocks out of 30 are up for the year: SATS, ComfortDelgro, HongKongLand and Capitaland.
- Thai Beverage closed unchanged.
Note: I have taken every effort to ensure the data presented in these tables is correct.
The following two tabs change content below.
Soh Tiong Hum is Director of TerraSeeds Market Technician Pte Ltd. TerraSeeds is a trading educator in Singapore since 2005.
Soh's Twitter account @sohtionghum
was ranked #23 out of The Top 70 Twitter Accounts To Follow In 2015
"I do not have a financial advisor's license. I am not qualified by any regulator to give financial advice. I do not know you the reader. Your investment means and motive may be different from me. My posts here are based on observations and meant for education. I am not responsible for for any consequence from your actions."