STI stocks in the red doubles
- QoQ Straits Times Index is down 3.76% from March close.
- Half year performance STI is down 1.39% from 31 Dec 2014 close.
- For the quarter, 24 stocks go into the red compared to 12 end Q1.
- Gain leaders are Comfort Delgro and Hong Kong Land. Singtel was displaced from pole position.
- Loss leaders are Jardine Cycle & Carriage and Noble, displacing Genting Singapore.
- This links to Q1 performance.
Straits Times Index component stocks Q2 2015 performance
Straits Times Index component stocks H1 2015 performance
Straits Times Index bounces off low-of-year
Key features of this chart are:
- 1.5 year trend line broken, may serve as resistance.
- Lower-high lower-low sequence terminates trend visible in previous 3 quarters.
- STI bounced off low-of-year at 3267.89 (07 January) by thin margin 3267.88 (29 June).
STI daily chart from 2014 – June 2015
And this is what the heatmap has to say
Major losers come from the Jardine family of stocks.
3-month performance heatmap | Source: SGX
The following two tabs change content below.
Soh Tiong Hum is Director of TerraSeeds Market Technician Pte Ltd. TerraSeeds is a trading educator in Singapore since 2005.
Soh's Twitter account @sohtionghum
was ranked #23 out of The Top 70 Twitter Accounts To Follow In 2015
"I do not have a financial advisor's license. I am not qualified by any regulator to give financial advice. I do not know you the reader. Your investment means and motive may be different from me. My posts here are based on observations and meant for education. I am not responsible for for any consequence from your actions."